Magento Commerce and Open-source encompass four levels of hierarchy. The hierarchy includes
- Magento 2 website
- Store view or View Scope
Before starting an online e-commerce store on Magento 2 platform, it is essential that you understand the fundamental differences between website, store, and view scope.
This blog will discuss insights on Magento websites, stores, and store views. We will talk about the difference and similarities between the hierarchy to help you in Business expansion.
Without further delay, let’s get started!
If you are just starting with Magento 2 development or need to revamp your existing website, you can always hire experienced Magento development services to streamline the entire process.
Hierarchy Level 1: Global
Magento 2 Global represents the most superior level of the hierarchy. Magento 2 consists of only a single global view, unlike other hierarchies where you can multiply them. In Magento, with the Global hierarchy, you cannot produce multiple copies or levels.
The Global hierarchy embodies three options for setting up your Magento Store. These include:
- Stock: Configure the primary product settings.
- Price: Define identical prices for your business products in all stores.
- Buyers: Facilitates merging the entire volume of customer data into an extensive database for all websites.
Therefore, if you perform any activity on the Global level, the entire pyramid will get affected.
Hierarchy Level 2: Websites
In technical jargon, the Magento 2 website is also known as the “parent of a store” since a website can involve one or more shops. In other words, Magento 2 website can be defined as the source that hosts several stores.
When you hire Magento developer , it is essential to understand three major factors about Magento 2 website.
- The primary advantage of the Magento 2 website is that it has a unique customer and order basis. As a business owner, having a separate customer base for every category of business offering is incredibly beneficial. You can segregate customers into entirely different sets and work with them all seamlessly.
- On a Magento website level, you can set up fundamental business logic, such as choosing a payment, shipping and delivery methods, currency, and price.
- The basic difference between Magento Website and Magento 2 Store is that the websites constitute only customer data without any products and categories.
Simply put, your hired Magento development services can use each Magento website to introduce particular/separate business units. For example, you can have one website for the Food and Beverage business section and another for the fashion and apparel unit.
Here’s a quick summary of the benefits of having different websites for your business:
- Seamless data sharing between multiple websites
- A simple and easy way to manage different customer subsets for each website
- Establish streamlined management for orders, reports, and checkout configurations.
- Establish a unique inventory for each website
- Easily manage separate shopping carts for each business unit
Hierarchy 3: Magento 2 Stores
Under a single Magento 2 website, you can create multiple stores.
It’s possible to create several stores on one Magento 2 website. In which store you can utilize varying structures for products and categories.
However, all the stores share certain constants- currency, prices, Stock management system, customer accounts, payment and shipping methods, and Taxes.
At this point, it’s common to wonder if having a Magento 2 website is enough. It’s not because working with the front-end-specific functionalities such as categories and product displays is only possible via the stores.
So what exactly are the benefits of Magento Multi Store?
- Facilitates managing all products under a single admin panel.
- You can have several variations in product categories.
- Facilitates adding attributes, including check-in, checkout, and add-to-cart options.
- Easy and simple to set up and manage various stores.
Hierarchy 4: View Scope
Coming to the last hierarchy, you can create several store view scopes for every store. Typically, businesses consider store views for different languages and currencies. All store view scopes have identical categories, but you have the option to specify different product prices.
What are the advantages of Multiple Store Views?
- You can set different prices for a particular product in-store view.
- Enhances sales.
- Provide enhanced shopping experience to store visitors and customers through language support. This is how it functions– one Store View is for each language. So, if you quickly want your store visitors to switch between one or several languages, Store View is the perfect solution. It works fantastic for multinational online stores.
- Offers category attributes.
- You can also benefit from the granular localization support. It considers both languages and the geographical locations of your customers.
Other features of “View Scope” to remember when you hire Magento Developer :
- You won’t get specific payment methods for every store view.
- You can’t create separate shipping methods.
- No changes in category structure.
- You might need a native speaker to draft your product information in a particular language.
In simple words, Store View Scope is simply how your online shop is presented/positioned.
Magento 2 supports one global hierarchy (admin panel) and multiple websites, stores, and store views. It is critical for businesses to know and understand the primary differences between them to take the utmost benefit out of it while seeking Magento development services.
We hope this post will clarify your doubts and queries about the difference between Magento 2 website, store & store view.
Need more help? Our Elsner experts are just a click away. Share your queries, and our consultants will reach out to you with the perfect solutions.