Welcome to this latest in our long-running interview series. This time, we’re mixing it up a bit as we interview Jack Salmon, member of the renowned digital marketing agency, Circulate Digital. Our hope is that you find this interview to be enlightening and inspiring as you seek to start and grow your very own online brand!
Interview with Jack Salmon
Thank you for joining us for this business success story! We’d like to start by getting an understanding of your backstory. How did you come to own your business?
Born from a kitchen in Brighton in 2017, brothers Matt & Danny Daley built their digital ads agency from the ground up. With Matt specialising in Paid Media such as PPC and Paid Social, and Danny being a specialist in UX and web-design, they combined forces to create Circulate Digital – a specialist digital ads agency that uses a methodology of captivate > click > convert.
Terrific! Now, this article is about profiling successful businesses. So – can you share your top 3 keys to running a successful online brand?
1) Standout or die – at Circulate, we understand the importance of standing out. We want to offer the best possible services in our industry and work with some of the world’s leading brands. To do that, we have positioned ourselves within a specific niche – digital ads. Rather than offering different services that stand alone, we combine our team’s talents to run multi-channel advertising campaigns with an extreme focus on post-click experiences. This helps brands give users the best possible experience when interacting with their brand, and ultimately, leads to higher levels of revenue generated through various different methods of online advertising.
2) Value – providing value is one of our core focuses, and an actual value of our brand. At Circulate, our team are all specialists within certain areas of online marketing, and it’s our ultimate goal to provide high levels of value to each and every one of our clients. Value that can’t easily be found elsewhere – applying to specific services and the way in which our agency operates as a whole. This applies to performance, reporting, communication, and the overall experience when working with the Circulate brand.
3) Relationships – our agency is built on people and processes, and without people, our agency wouldn’t thrive. That’s why we always prioritise relationships, not only with out clients, but within our internal team. We regularly use the term “a happy team leads to happy clients” – and creating solid relationships that stand the test of time is the ideal way to create amazing online advertising campaigns.
Excellent. Now, I’m sure it hasn’t always been that easy. Can you tell a story about one challenge, setback, or mistake that you’ve had to overcome on the road to success? How can others learn from your mistakes?
Circulate has moved from a full-service digital marketing agency that offers different individual services to one that is fully integrated. In the past, clients that are working with Circulate may have viewed our channels as individualistic. But we’ve placed great emphasis on combining them to see the best results. That includes using tactics from Technical SEO and CRO, such as improving site speed and overall user experiences, to ensure the areas we are experts within are helping each and every service we offer.
Thanks for that. Now – we want to know what’s next! What new initiatives are you rolling out at your business and what results are you hoping to see?
To keep our team even happier, we’ve recently introduced 1pm Friday finishes. In this industry as a whole, there is a lot of stress and pressure. So taking more time to switch off, helping the weekend seem longer, and introducing new processes to ensure work levels aren’t compromised has been a key focus of ours. Performance is still better than ever, and we have a happier team that are fully committed to creating award-winning digital ad campaigns.
Sounds exciting! Any final words of advice for our readers?
- Position yourself differently to your competitors
- Stick to your values as a brand
- Ensure this is communicated clearly throughout all aspects of communications
- Introduce unbeatable processes
- Offer amazing value to each customer or client you work with
- Prioritise amazing relationships
Brilliant! We want to thank you for participating in today’s interview. Hopefully our readers agree that there is a lot to be learned from your brand’s story. What links can our readers use to follow along with your journey?
– Stay up to date with our digital marketing blog for tips around branding, marketing, online advertising and more.
– Pic-Up, a UK product photography specialist also offers great photography tips for ecommerce businesses